Winthrop University Athletic Complex
Field Use Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines and make sure all coaches, players, and spectators in your group are aware of the rules.
- All fields are for reserved play only. Unscheduled play is not allowed.
- No practicing or warm up allowed on any field that is not designated for the Catawba Classic Tournament.
- DO NOT USE THE SOCCER GAME FIELD OR THE HALF FIELD AT THE END OF THE SOCCER GAME FIELD – MARKED FIELD CLOSED.
- Goalkeeper practice in front of the goals will be limited to 10 minutes prior to the start of the game.
- Shooting on goal before the game will be limited to 10 minutes prior to the start of the game.
- Goalkeepers cannot put marks in the crease or in the crease area for reference points.
- Digging up the field with cleats or purposely damaging the field will not be tolerated.
- Spectators and players must stay off all fields not in use.
- Spectators at the Track field complex must stay in the bleachers.
- Do not climb on fences around soccer fields or in the park.
- No smoking on or around fields or stadium bleachers.
- No pets allowed on or around fields. In all other areas they need to be on a leash.
- Fences, walls, and buildings are not to be used as practice backboards.
- Team or family tents are to be set up only in designated tent areas.
- Tournament or Winthrop staff have the authority to ask anybody breaking these rules to leave the facility.
- Cooking or grilling is not permitted
- No Alcoholic Beverages allowed
- Park in designated lots or areas. Speed Limit is 20 MPH
All property and facilities are under the jurisdiction of the Winthrop University Police Department
The Winthrop staff will have the final say on stopping or canceling play due to inclement weather or lighting
Thank you for helping us keep the fields in good condition.
Download Rules =>Winthrop University Athletic Complex Rules